Thank you to all of the Scouts who attended tonight’s online meeting. We had nearly the full troop in attendance barring a few who had technical difficulties and we’re looking forward to seeing everyone again next week.
The Scouts had a Patrol forum where they decided what they wanted out of digital Scouting for the foreseeable future. They came up with the following ideas:
- Meeting every week on teams at normal Scout time.
- Being set badges and challenges to do at home.
- Teaching and being taught new skills on teams. (Tonight we learned the NATO phonetic alphabet and tried to spell our names and some phrases)
- Completing an exercise log to go towards the physical recreation badge.
- Discussing and sharing ways to keep entertained at home
- Completing activities at home using common resources.
- Online games like Kahoot or Scribbleio
- Taking part in the Window Wonderland events (Putting pictures in your windows, a different theme is released each week)
As Leaders we are planning to make resources available to the Scouts, such as activity packs, badge information, and activity help sheet. We are also making sure that our weekly online meetings have a structure, similar to the Scout meetings. We will be keeping in touch on this site, the group facebook page, and by email but please feel free to get in touch at any time if you have any questions.
Thank you everyone for your continued support of the group in these difficult circumstances. We have really shown that we are a resilient community by coming together to still deliver a Scouting program from home.