The Scouts returned from their annual summer camp yesterday, slightly tired and in need of a clean!
We had a fun week at Beal Farm in Northumberland, very close to Holy Island. The theme for this year’s camp was Vikings Attack, which ties in very well with the local history.
Activities on the camp included:
- Walking barefoot across the Pilgrim’s Way causeway to Lindisfarne
- Geocaching on Holy Island
- Exploring Berwick
- A visit to Berwick Barracks
- Visiting “Vikings Attack” at Lindisfarne priory
- Building a viking longboat, helmets, shields and swords in preparation for a Viking invasion and battle
- …and much more!
A selection of photos from the week are now online in the Gallery.